Women Want To Know Me, Men Want to Copy My Drink|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
The Girl Next Door Without Her Clothes On's LiveJournal:
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Sunday, May 15th, 2011|
|From Twitter 05-14-2011
- 09:37:50: RT @filmforager: This movie sucks but this @beatonna comic about it ruuuules http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=133
- 10:44:52: You guys. Syd Field was in a gang in high school. This shocks me.
- 10:52:36: The tv in here is showing part eight of a Chinese documentary about bones dubbed into English. What were they thinking when they chose this?
- 10:53:40: No objection to Chinese documentaries or people. Just wondering what led to the selection. I AM BORED.
- 10:54:26: The most interesting thing is that like a half-dozen people here are named Elizabeth. Also I have a book. #notquiteamanofletters
- 12:56:35: @weinmanj I think it comes from nervous studio heads eager to find a reason not to work with women?
- 13:01:23: @weinmanj That's fair. But the idea is that they believe that women-centered movies don't have broad appeal. This can change that perception
- 13:01:42: @weinmanj Which would allow more movies like this, movies NOT produced by Apatow, to get made.
- 13:04:12: @weinmanj Don't recall who, but a female scrnwrtr tweeted recently that her movie pitches have been met with the same response...
- 13:04:33: @weinmanj ..."we'll have to see how Bridesmaids does before we greenlight this." (Maybe you recall who this was)
- 13:24:45: @willridesagain BEST DAY EVER MAN
- 13:35:56: I follow TWO people who regularly retweet Insane Clown Posse. I must admit i did not expect this.
- 13:41:40: @gastergack BE CAREFUL! Don't accidentally get your identity mixed up.
- 13:49:27: @thedailyrobot you and comedian Kyle Kinane are kindred spirits: http://bit.ly/iWkfEP
- 14:01:35: RT @tomlenk: Anyone manage a movie theater in LA county? Need to qualify my short for oscars...proving to be difficult!
- 14:18:26: @gastergack Did you visit the Fitzgerald Theater while in Minneapolis?
- 14:18:36: RT @StandardReview: Video: enemychan: I saw him do this at Meltdown once and I have been searching for a clip of this routine... http:// ...
- 14:21:05: @weinmanj an argument I just saw made that rings somewhat true is that most women-driven comedies do not, paradoxically, have funny women...
- 14:21:38: @weinmanj ...characters. Hence, Bridesmaids' importance above other female-driven comedies.
- 14:21:50: @gastergack Well la-di-da
- 14:22:28: @alicewalkington http://www.annehelenpetersen.com/?p=2519 if you don't already read this blog enjoy this post and bookmark the blog
- 14:26:36: @JohnHollahan you sound like a John Cougar Mellencamp song right now
- 14:30:10: @JohnHollahan Rejected line: You sound like a Toby Keith song. (Too mean)
- 14:30:39: @mary_menville don't be ridiculous. there are no shows set in indiana (yes there are: The Middle. but it wasn't on the air when we met)
- 14:30:56: @LoMel that is a successful wedding
- 14:31:13: @mary_menville (also Parks & Rec. also same deal)
- 14:31:27: @gastergack try harder
- 14:34:39: @JohnHollahan I believe his work was already somewhat mentioned by both @gastergack and myself. TRY AGAIN SIR.
- 14:37:08: @JohnHollahan It may have been. I guess we may never know - the primary source is lost to history.
- 14:39:46: @JohnHollahan I suppose @gastergack just gave us his answer, but an author's comment on his work is hardly definitive, wouldn't you agree?
- 17:12:29: The way @JackRudolph60 is tweeting, he seems like he may actually be @TheStevenWeber.
- 17:20:01: @neon_creole http://nyti.ms/iJlJGM
- 17:29:10: Is there any reason Lin-Manuel Miranda is not starring on a TV show right now? That he created? FX, think this over.
- 17:31:16: @TheStevenWeber Nah, I didn't think so, but he seems to combine the character from the show with you on twitter. I enjoy all three.
- 18:01:56: One of the people who hates women, gays, and the poor will not be running for the Republican ticket. As it turns out, several others will.
- 18:03:15: @tvoti Have you considered reviewing it the way This Recording reviews GoT? (http://bit.ly/mtYp45)
- 18:44:20: TV series pitch: A TV writer-producer works on a pilot that never gets picked up to series. Every season, different pilot. This could rock?
- 18:46:49: @inkcanada I meant it ironically, then accidentally fell in love with the idea.
- 18:48:01: Goddamn it Netflix. I did enjoy watching Troll 2, but if I give it five stars you'll only recommend movies to me ironically.
- 21:21:46: According to this biopic I just watched, this one artist was driven by a need for his father's approval! Guess the biopic.
- 21:46:41: @alicewalkington and I just burped at the same time. We're on the same cycle.
- 21:54:10: RT @JohnHollahan: @MuffMacGuff Walk Hard?
- 21:54:12: RT @gastergack: @MuffMacGuff Amadeus #motelinternet
- 21:54:55: I am still taking bets. It is neither Amadeus nor Walk Hard THOUGH BOTH FIT THE CRITERIA. I will also rule out Walk the Line.
- 21:55:15: @JohnHollahan yeah that was mainly the point. dunno if i should just tell everyone. it will be anticlimactic.
- 21:58:34: RT @gastergack: @JohnHollahan @MuffMacGuff Passion of the Christ
- 21:58:53: @gastergack i am unlikely to ever watch that.
- 22:20:28: Anyway it was James Dean, starring Franco
- 22:21:13: @neon_creole how often is one invited to a house party in the hills? Go to there
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
|Saturday, May 14th, 2011|
|From Twitter 05-13-2011
- 06:23:14: One of the great things about MASH is that it always knew that people shipped its male leads, and had them openly flirt on the show.
- 07:16:46: Blythe Danner's on this episode of MASH, giving credence to the old saying, "Blythe Danner was young once."
- 07:17:29: "I knew of Blythe Danner before she was in Meet The Parents." - everyone on my feed over forty. "Whatever, pops." - me
- 07:22:00: Also, it's a shame Al Jolson isn't famous anymore (not really), because Al Jolson impressions are both easy and hilarious.
- 07:24:24: @josh_a_g I'm writing an SNL sketch where Jolson meets Eisenhower. "This is my wife, Mamie." "MAAAAAMMMMMMYYY!!" "Please leave."
- 07:32:31: @josh_a_g If Wiig doesn't get assigned it. Armisen as Jolson would be a good commentary on the nature of blackface (no chance).
- 07:35:24: Establishing shots on TAXI that have the World Trade Center in them. #thingsilovebutcouldntexplainwhy
- 07:36:52: @becs1024 and NewsRadio, which I think took place in WTC?
- 07:38:50: @becs1024 I always wanted to write a fic where the NR cast has to evacuate on 9/11 and broadcasts from the SN studio
- 07:39:17: @becs1024 NOT THAT THIS MAKES LOGISTIC SENSE
- 07:39:54: @becs1024 Oh, and the story would include the mayor of NYC dealing with it on Spin CIty
- 08:08:05: I just claimed to love teenagers on the Internet. This is kind of like like listening to Elvis and saying "The mid-century south! Love it."
- 08:10:11: The Internet teen in question, incidentally, was @OfficialRochelle and her @djearworm cover. I know. #myprevioustweet
- 08:33:28: Real friendship is when you're both singing along to "Fuck You" and you know you both won't sing the n-word without saying.
- 08:53:31: @davidmeirrobot The best part of that video is the backup singer costumes: Kirk, TJ Hooker, and Shit My Dad Says
- 08:58:48: @alicewalkington http://bit.ly/ieWe9k
- 10:37:48: You get a nearly 1:1 matchup of characters if you compare MASH with The Office (S1-7).
- 12:07:31: @weinmanj Doesn't that sort of suggest that unless a show has a good reason to be single camera it should default to multi?
- 12:07:49: @weinmanj Maybe Amanda Peet et. al. are just more comfortable in the format.
- 12:09:20: @weinmanj Elaborate? (I'm not entirely hostile to the idea, just confused)
- 12:11:11: @weinmanj I don't deny that many shows SHOULD be multicam. I just don't see either format as a default.
- 12:11:53: @weinmanj Isn't that the point of ABC's music scoring?
- 12:14:42: I know everyone already #ff @Movies_in_LA, right? More importantly, check out their EXTREMELY easy-to-use website: http://bit.ly/m4hVDi
- 12:15:13: @weinmanj I get what you're saying. That does make some sense, and could account for some lower viewing numbers.
- 12:19:15: @weinmanj Well, you and I both know in advance what we're watching. Is there evidence of viewer confusion, or is it just expected?
- 12:30:11: @noelrk where I stand is: I suspect @weinmanj is right, but it makes me mad
- 12:37:18: @noelrk ha, yeah, and not that HE makes me angry. He just tends to be a bearer of pragmatic unpleasant news.
- 12:37:52: @mountain_goats saw it, it's great, you'll love it.
- 12:40:50: Just referred to Salvadoran food as Mexican food WHILE looking at a Salvadoran flag. Is this racist of me y/n?
- 12:48:54: @knitaround ship short for relationship. Means fans root for romance
- 12:53:17: My best friend since I was 5 just graduated law school. Overcome with nachas, fear for the law's future. #mazeltovjohn
- 12:57:39: @alicewalkington is a pusher. A DRUG PUSHER.
- 12:58:04: RT @NikkiFinke: ABC Renews 'Happy Endings' http://dlvr.it/RcxLy
- 13:36:27: @gastergack which ones?
- 13:37:04: RT @katebornstein: "Half Men" is trending. Not at all what I thought it wuz gonna be.
- 13:53:47: Why did this person start following me? MT @cv2012: Instead of liberal, try libtard? It's deliciously un-PC. What's not to like
- 18:25:33: @ansalong uh oh! Looks like we approach Cee-Lo from different directions. WILL WE GET PAST THIS??? (yes)??????
- 18:27:14: I accidentally prepared dinner too early so I'm gonna pretend I finished it a minute after @Mary_menville wakes from her nap.
- 18:59:53: @ansalong you're over... OUR FRIENDSHIP? this is the most divisive event in history.
- 19:19:31: @ansalong did you just favorite the story of our disintigrating friendship, to remind yourself of why this can never be? ICE KOLD.
- 19:22:13: @ansalong you live under my twitter-roof, you follow my twitter-rules, young lady. you're not leaving this house twitter-dressed like that!
- 19:34:41: @ansalong Sure. Here's $5 twitter. Enjoy your movie. I hear that Doris Day's in a new one!
- 19:46:20: @ansalong i certainly hope so. WHEW
- 20:53:02: @spillman the main overlap of Odd Future audiences and Royal Wedding attendees
- 20:55:30: In honor of my friend John graduating law school today, I'm watching The Paper Chase. <3 the scene where John Houseman yells @ Orson Welles.
- 20:56:15: More to the point: What #Community characters correspond with what #PaperChase characters? #studygroupsinfilmandtelevision
- 21:06:05: @weinmanj For a movie about law school, there are a LOT of scenes of shirtless dudes chilling. #strayobservation #givethepeoplewhattheywant
- 21:11:55: @LoMel YOU JUST RUINED TWITTER FOR ME
- 21:12:17: @weinmanj John Houseman was the Gary Burghoff of his time
- 21:24:42: @weinmanj watching that opening sequence, i'm not convinced i can think of a better way to sell a show about contract law class?
- 21:54:52: How weird would it be if they made Stay in School PSAs for, like, med school?
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
|Friday, May 13th, 2011|
|From Twitter 05-12-2011
- 00:17:00: @pattonoswalt great show! thanks for coming! i had never seen you live, and it was awesome.
- 06:40:14: I'm real tired and as a result I became so bad at computer solitaire that they took my computer solitaire license away and SPIT ON IT!!!!!!!
- 06:55:35: RT @tvoti: Huckabee must hope no one watches these in rapid succession. Reagan and Hitler's dialogue is... strangely similar. http://is. ...
- 07:43:46: Ate an apple, but wasn't near a trash so I put the core in an envelope, and then pretended I was gonna mail it to someone! Lol!!!
- 08:49:22: I'm in a room full of computers, and one of them keeps making a noise like an asthmatic wheezing. Every time I wonder if it was me.
- 09:29:19: Do commercials for Axe represent the biggest gap between real life and advertising?
- 09:29:39: I mean, the idea that women are attracted to basically scented Red Bull seems a stretch. #myprevioustweet
- 09:48:51: I think Axe is less realistic. RT @thedailyrobot: @MuffMacGuff biggest gap between reality and advertising http://bit.ly/kwLgQj
- 11:21:49: RT @timheidecker: If you blink you'll miss me but I'm in #Bridesmaids and it's actually a really funny movie. I feel comfortable support ...
- 11:23:42: @JRRnotTolkien @neon_creole @theotherwillis have we considered Marten Holder Weiner?
- 11:35:58: @DiscoUnited I did not find this helpful: http://bit.ly/lIAwM6
- 11:42:05: We all understand that "freestyling" is not a synonym for "rapping," right? Jon Stewart didn't freestyle last night, you guys.
- 11:52:36: I wish the writers of Splitsider would spend less time talking about how weird they are for knowing about pop culture. That's the job.
- 13:02:36: Either this Subway is playing Hap Palmer's "Turn on the Music" on a constant loop or I'm going crazy, or both.
- 16:09:43: @dearcohen Is it sad alone? Because, uh, I do it every time.
- 16:24:53: @filmforager http://bit.ly/jeGmpr
- 16:28:28: Wake me when someone writes something about Community without mentioning that they find Alison Brie attractive. I WILL LITERALLY BE ASLEEP.
- 17:02:46: @JRRnotTolkien I was quoting the scene.
- 17:21:49: So the other day when I mentioned wanting an old-Hollywood ONTD? http://www.annehelenpetersen.com/
- 18:46:28: @alicewalkington make no mistake: I have read that
- 20:50:40: RT @MattAlbie60: It's important that we pull all-nighters at Studio 60, not because we have to, but because it's a cool thing to tell re ...
- 20:55:54: @alicewalkington & @dearcohen didn't believe it, but @thedailyrobot knows the truth too. http://twitpic.com/4wvye0
- 20:59:57: @weinmanj If he's written differently, it may prove to be a good career move for Kutcher. He may want a new public persona.
- 21:00:11: @JRRnotTolkien when you gettin out tonight?
- 21:05:37: @weinmanj I have family who loves the show. I wonder what they think of this (don't really want to ask though).
- 21:09:10: @weinmanj I guess I'm lucky that my life doesn't include people tweeting their TV opinions at me whenever I say anything.
- 21:09:28: @weinmanj (Lucky I have no equivalent of me tweeting at me)
- 21:09:58: @weinmanj In any event, you suppose this will lose the extant audience and not bring in a new one?
- 21:12:30: @weinmanj he may draw in fans of camera commercials?
- 21:33:11: @JRRnotTolkien curious. Have a good night!
- 21:49:25: @Lov2500 so true
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
|Thursday, May 12th, 2011|
|From Twitter 05-11-2011
- 06:17:19: "From director Karl Lagerfeld comes a short film series starring Rachel Bilson and introducing Magnum ice cream." - Hulu ad.
- 06:17:45: If you are trying to confuse me, Hulu ad, mission accomplished. #myprevioustweet
- 06:24:28: @becs1024 i've never tried one because i worried they're for superfamous celebrities like web miniseries' rachel bilson
- 06:25:40: @alicewalkington http://bit.ly/lXKXYm THE WORLD IS FUCKED UP BRO
- 06:34:05: @becs1024 damn bro maybe karl lagerfeld should make a miniseries clearly cribbing from black swan starring YOU
- 06:56:26: To claim I liked the Hangover, @thedailyrobot quoted a conversation we had when I saw it. (cont in next tweet)
- 06:57:05: (cont) "June 16, 2009 4:56:47 PM @MuffMacGuff: every single thing ... is awesome, ... all of the movie" I, uh, can't deny saying these words
- 07:27:12: "A lot of people think of me as the white Stefan Urquelle." - something I've decided to start claiming.
- 07:28:28: @willridesagain so disappointing! We'll just have to plan on a less formal visit.
- 08:45:58: @alicewalkington http://avc.lu/l74zvg
- 09:02:41: @weinmanj they could call it "Season One of LOST"
- 09:13:52: @becs1024 #gowest
- 09:25:15: @becs1024 it recently occurred to me what a lie those "America Runs on Dunkin" ads were, since I had learned that DD is only eastie.
- 09:27:46: @becs1024 yo, road trip to vegas definitely. #gowest may be the impetus #CafeDisco needs to buy a very fast car with no top
- 09:29:01: @becs1024 pick up christina ricci, of course. #FearandLoathingorBuffalo66 #youdecide
- 09:29:22: @dearcohen see, but why get John Goodman for those ads, rather than someone more Bostonian? Like John Adams.
- 09:31:38: @dearcohen explaining your favorite show, Treme
- 09:33:08: @dearcohen that is a ridiculous apology. a real apology would be AN ATTEMPT TO IMPROVE. #watchtheshieldandtaxiandfishingwithjohn
- 09:34:30: @dearcohen if you don't watch Treme NOW how will you know what to write your senior thesis on?
- 09:35:40: I agree with everyone who's into today's Martha Graham Google logo. It's awesome.
- 10:20:12: @dearcohen I'd actually watch Fishing with John first. Rewatched an episode the other day; such a perfect series.
- 10:40:20: "'Ello. I just moved from London! You are my American cousin. Sorry about how your brother, my other cousin, died. Can I live with you?"
- 10:40:36: (Hugh Grant on 2 1/2 Men) #myprevioustweet
- 10:45:48: @weinmanj I don't know if they'd make it work, but they'd certainly do it.
- 10:47:28: @weinmanj Fair enough. Also: How do you think they would have handled 8 Simple Rules?
- 10:51:07: @weinmanj it's difficult to remember a time when adam arkin was thought of as young. (similar situation with rob reiner)
- 12:06:28: @zacharylittle I just disagreed with you on tumblr but I want you to know it's NOT because I don't think you're a cool guy or a feminist.
- 12:06:53: @zacharylittle I think you are both, I just disagree a little about something. We still cool? Good. [We haven't spoken in years]
- 12:32:09: Um, Tina Fey's story about hearing 30 Rock got a full season pickup made me cry. #bossypants #aspiringwriterfeelings
- 12:34:33: @zacharylittle AGREED. Let's turn this thing into something, you know?
- 12:39:34: Attention! @zacharylittle and I are now the main two members of a band called The Feminist Vacuums. Pls send audition mp3s via twitter.
- 13:00:37: @MattAlbie60 @DannyTripp60 Tell @SimonStiles60 he should rewatch clips of Casey McCall. It'll help his impression.
- 13:24:24: @gnubardt please tweet the magic card names you slip in?
- 15:49:46: This is true. This movie's fucking great. See it! MT @LoMel: http://tinyurl.com/3d773k5
- 15:53:59: Mexican Police Drama Called Blatant Pro-Government Propaganda by Critics http://tinyurl.com/3pm2rpz (Um, true in America too)
- 17:15:17: @weinmanj you mean as a crossover? because that would be great. the first two-series crossover finale?
- 18:05:10: Dang, Edward Herrman has been turning up in like every movie I'm watching lately. Grampa Gilmore, you sure have had a career!
- 18:24:27: @ansalong it doesn't get better
- 20:05:19: @becs1024 got you an early housewarming gift http://lockerz.com/s/100860596
- 20:14:09: @mary_menville thank you for being a friend
- 23:41:37: @ansalong have you ever watched the thick of it?
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
|Wednesday, May 11th, 2011|
|From Twitter 05-10-2011
- 06:06:03: @eekawolf he's driving Jeremy to Wyoming where Jeremy starts his new job
- 06:18:23: I don't think anyone figured that so much of this season of How I Met Your Mother would involve a real estate battle.
- 07:25:31: Alan Simpson would be wacky as hell if he didn't work off the public dime, you know? http://huff.to/jUEZNG
- 08:35:11: Sincerely enjoying Bossypants, especially the labored explanation of what makes her dad not racist.
- 09:01:00: @johnmoe Ann &Nancy are the 1stwomen dockworkers in B'more. Ann <3s it, Nancy aspires 2 greater things.Norman Lear produces. #70sHeartTVShow
- 09:05:53: @weinmanj It does seem odd that networks don't do some intentional 13-episode seasons.
- 09:09:23: @weinmanj I suppose so. Though a company could just make two 13-episode series to air in the same timeslot, split up by a month or so.
- 09:29:52: @brianjoesmith http://www.4shared.com/get/ppvNkik9/08_Through_The_Roof_N_Undergro.html
- 09:44:56: @theotherwillis it's cute
- 10:06:21: @Pres_Bartlet Because you refused to fix the problem when you had the chance.
- 10:19:03: @weinmanj I wonder if Fryman's Emmy snubs are more sexist than 4cameraist. Since 2005, what multicam directors other than her deserved noms?
- 10:30:28: @weinmanj figured you'd have more details. just considered the idea, didn't know for certain.
- 10:45:12: Hey, everyone calling Bridesmaids a homance? Let's maybe use the second or third thing we come up with. (http://www.slate.com/id/2293535/)
- 10:54:19: @hayhayhaay the other day i wore my shirt that's missing a button with my pants that are missing a button. i called it "coordinating"
- 10:59:11: @Lov2500 LA canNOT kick your ass. Definitely not yours.
- 11:17:09: @mxjustinVbond hope it's not rude to ask - would you consider Kiki to have been a drag act, now that you're more centered with your gender?
- 11:17:49: @mxjustinVbond ask b/c i recommended Kiki & Herb as a "drag act" before I knew you were trans.
- 11:56:30: I was just mentally composing a tweet that began "I sincerely, more than anything, wish that..." but then forgot what I was gonna say. Help?
- 11:56:59: @mxjustinVbond got it. didn't want to get it wrong. big fan. sorry if i offended.
- 12:09:01: Fo other people not already do that? RT @Lov2500: @MuffMacGuff instead of casual Friday there was naked Tuesday?
- 14:09:03: @gastergack Success! They're rubes! You can probably sell that car for a small fortune.
- 14:25:48: @gastergack They kill us for their sport.
- 14:27:15: If you ever want to read about the shitty things that resulted from Adrienne Shelly's murder, instead, don't. #wikiregret
- 14:36:23: RT @OhioCongressman: Some days I look at my three kids, Ronald, Wilson and Reagan and think, "I can't wait until they're rich so I can b ...
- 15:07:00: In my opinion, Martin Donovan and Andrew McCarthy look a lot alike. #opinions
- 16:44:49: Watching two young black men outside a theatre reading Brighton Beach Memoirs reminds me that THEATRE IS ALIVE! #neilsimononlyknewjews
- 20:22:31: I don't watch Dr Who, I just peeked over at a screen playing it, and does the doctor actually wear a CLIP-ON tie? Is that cool?
- 20:23:14: No it is not. Adults know how to tie their own ties. #doctorbaby #takethat #everyoneiknowlovesthisshow #imsureitsgreat #butfixthetiesitchpls
- 22:01:57: @alicewalkington http://bit.ly/jwzVth
- 23:09:20: Damn, The Good Wife. You are making CBS extremely hip. Also, way to use @SarahKSilverman! Everything's great about you tonight.
- 23:24:38: MARRY ME, The Good Wife. (But don't tell The Killing, The Killing might not be cool about it, shhh).
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
|Tuesday, May 10th, 2011|
|From Twitter 05-09-2011
- 00:00:47: @JohnHollahan Ditto. Should he make more than twelve movies in his career, we can renegotiate.
- 07:42:03: @gastergack make sure you livetweet this trip. #twavelogue
- 07:53:58: Just used a hashtag to end an email to @RaphaelBW, which I know will bug him. The hashtag, incidentally, was #meant2Bfriends
- 08:13:21: @thedailyrobot you live in America. That'll be true anywhere you can buy something for less than $10
- 08:17:08: According to Transit TV, vandalism is caused by, among other things, "Envy." An example of vandalism is "crop circles." #themoreyouknow
- 08:17:34: Who's putting on whom here, Transit TV?
- 09:27:34: Just got an IM from a friend: "Did you tell my girlfriend that you two are not gonna fuck?" I did, but isn't that super-appropriate to say?
- 10:26:40: If I type fast, I will spell "through" "throught" 100% of the time.
- 10:52:41: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/donald-trump-denies-hes-racist-186586 Oh, Donald Trump. Marry me!
- 10:55:43: @gastergack http://betterbooktitles.com/post/5336533499/marktwain
- 10:59:43: It seems unreasonable that Alex Blumberg has SUCH a similar voice to Ira Glass's. Are you building a clone army, Ira Glass?
- 11:00:04: The WBoys from WBEZ. #myprevioustweet
- 11:03:18: "Am I gonna tweet about this on facebook? FUCK! I am so old!" -- @alicewalkington
- 11:15:04: @knitaround haha
- 11:28:52: Why are This Recording's featured links so often right-wing? It seems a strange contrast with the usual content of the site.
- 11:30:15: Like, Noam Chomsky opposing a military action to kill someone does not make him pro-bin Laden. I mean, am I talking to Rush Limbaugh here?
- 11:33:26: Hey, some good news! http://bit.ly/lKmRrC
- 11:37:17: @JohnHollahan wait until you get to his INSANE typos
- 11:41:25: @JohnHollahan I suspect nobody does it. Script consideration is done by watching movies - nobody really cares about his sloppiness.
- 11:49:41: @JohnHollahan well, fair enough
- 12:52:19: RT @thedailyrobot: Also, today's your last day to get #StarWars posters for $10 at my @etsy - so you know: http://etsy.me/ajIWbq Also i' ...
- 14:40:56: On a bus bench ad, someone drew a mustache on a real estate agent but the mustache is made from the word "mustache." #concretepoetry
- 16:53:13: @alicewalkington http://tinyurl.com/3pdqdtd
- 18:49:04: @thedailyrobot WUPHF
- 19:00:47: How can I get this image I made to @juliasegal? It's pretty important. http://twitpic.com/4vpjva
- 20:35:59: @thedailyrobot dogg goddamn it it is a screenshot of a video of bin laden watching a bin laden video.
- 21:58:45: @thedailyrobot dogg it is an iconic image goddamn it
- 22:05:08: Has anyone tried the headline "Woman Finally Decides to Stop Fucking The Man Who Closed Battered Women's Shelters?" #shriver
- 22:11:44: @gastergack where are you guys now, city/state-wise?
- 22:13:49: Futurama Wizard of Oz episode on Comedy Central followed by their Willy Wonka episode. Is this a themed marathon? #questions
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
|Monday, May 9th, 2011|
|From Twitter 05-08-2011
- 09:37:15: @weinmanj WWAJD
- 09:57:51: I wish there were an ONTD for, like, the 1970s. @thisrecording does that SOMETIMES but I want it ALWAYS.
- 10:01:11: @MoMacProject is CRUSHING me in two games of chess right now.
- 10:04:14: @MoMacProject do i give up? i do not. i shall fight until i cannot.
- 10:08:22: RT @stephenfalk: Mother's Day 2011: the day 1000's of moms unwrapped Bossypants and didn't have the heart to tell their kid they don't r ...
- 12:32:30: RT @weinmanj: Also, Angela Lansbury in THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE? If my son was a wooden British guy the same age as me I'd turn evil too ...
- 14:39:42: Happy Gilmore being on tv reminds me that we already remade Arthur once and it was called Billy Madison. #histwobestmovies
- 14:40:25: Look, everyone loves Punch Drunk Love. But I think we both know Happy Gilmore's better.
- 14:47:31: @josh_a_g my question is: when will they make a sequel about how Sandler's healed by bin Laden's death? #reignovermeagain
- 15:11:40: Um looks like I'm ONLY following Studio 60 and West Wing characters on twitter now. Sorry real friends and family. Priorities.
- 15:28:12: This movie's so good it almost makes you forget that Adam Sandler donated money to Giuliani's presidential campaign. #almost #neverforget
- 16:06:22: @weinmanj I think same goes for movies in theaters. They need to primarily be ways to get out of the rain/heat.
- 17:58:41: @josh_a_g I remember first-run Futurama episodes like they were mere months ago!
- 18:10:25: If we are having a contest for losing hair and gaining weight, the me caught on film this passover is well in the lead.
- 23:50:41: @mary_menville this is you: http://bit.ly/mhszBC
- 23:54:33: @JohnHollahan you have to wait until around November. Please subscribe to the Wes Anderseasons.
- 23:56:36: @JohnHollahan Early winter: Tenenbaums. Late winter: Fox. Spring: Zissou. Early Summer: Bottle. Late Summer: Darjeeling. Fall: Rushmore
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
|Sunday, May 8th, 2011|
|Saturday, May 7th, 2011|
|From Twitter 05-06-2011
- 00:02:52: @gastergack come online! we can chat.
- 00:08:53: It now occurs to me that Davis on #Treme is kind of a Jack Reed figure. #thinkaboutit #hopingtheresacrossoveraudiencewhofollowsme
- 01:13:23: @thedailyrobot If you look at the 1st by (and avatar of) "The Dead Texan" I think you can agree that it is you. http://avc.lu/jn9jWc
- 10:35:18: @katebornstein you just publicly tweeted that info
- 10:54:35: @weinmanj 16 Democrats supported HR3. There are no surprises from the Democrats anymore.
- 11:04:22: @MoMacProject this is way interesting http://bit.ly/lVSu9a (via @madjoy)
- 11:04:54: @weinmanj The question is, how many members of Congress also watch Two and a Half Men?
- 11:05:46: Today is George Clooney's 50th birthday. Now, more than ever: http://onion.com/jE4apZ
- 11:08:48: @weinmanj Don't forget to return that joke to the Will Rogers Museum when you're done with it.
- 11:08:57: @weinmanj Kidding aside: good one.
- 11:09:15: @josh_a_g The greatest tragedy is that they never got the chance to work together.
- 11:11:07: Ugh goddamn it why does Michael Moore have to agree with me on an issue. He is not a cool liberal to agree with.
- 11:11:49: Wish I could agree with Amy Poehler instead, you know?
- 11:17:10: RT @DannyTripp60: @MattAlbie60 One of the things I'm most proud of is how we've shattered the old "boys club" mentality at Studio 60.
- 11:26:07: @davidmeirrobot that definitely helps
- 11:44:44: @meltdown_show Patton Oswalt and Janeane Garafalo
- 12:36:05: @alicewalkington http://i55.tinypic.com/aajbpd.gif
- 13:23:46: @teendad13 say you got a cold
- 14:14:47: We're all agreed that when Looper comes out, we're rewatching Brick and Brothers Bloom Friday afternoon before going to the first show?
- 14:15:09: That tweet was for everyone.
- 14:25:17: @dearcohen http://macfreedom.com/
- 14:34:51: Almost every day I look at myself in the mirror and say, in a Richie Tenenbaum voice, "I'm going to shave tomorrow."
- 14:37:10: @beardlace that's the greatest shit i ever heard
- 14:49:32: @JohnHollahan it just occurred to me to ask, but i completely want to read your essay on Wet Hot American Summer. Can I?
- 14:53:44: @JohnHollahan see, that's baffling. how are there to be scholarly articles on it ever if no one's allowed to write them?
- 14:55:32: @JohnHollahan ..., man!
- 15:00:01: Because @gastergack once compared them in high school, when I think "Bolero" I start humming "Kashmir." #damnyougastergack
- 15:01:26: #notquiteamanofnotes #nonotquite #couldnotthinkofabetterwaytophrasethat #help?
- 15:01:49: RT @julieklausner: Again, ladies: If these guys get pardoned, we riot. RT @Gothamist: "Rape Cop" Partner: Accuser Was "Flirty" & Conscio ...
- 15:10:42: @JohnHollahan had a friend years ago who worked there. we'd come by at closing and get a garbage bag full of popcorn. ate in parking lot.
- 15:16:57: @JohnHollahan number one reason: perpetual motion device in the lobby
- 15:19:55: @madjoy the JURY goes by innocent until etc. police are FREQUENTLY acquitted for crimes they've committed. what would you consider evidence?
- 15:20:36: @madjoy i mean: what would convince you of guilt? a guilty verdict? that's a lot of faith to put in a broken justice system.
- 15:21:42: @madjoy also worth noting: according to fbi statistics, rape is less likely to be falsely reported than most other crimes
- 15:36:35: @MoMacProject came up with a superhero name yesterday: The Good Fight. Here's the only problem with this awesome name. (cont'd)
- 15:38:02: @MoMacProject & I failed to realize that if a villain goes up against him, he's fighting The Good Fight. Is that more or less awesome?
- 15:44:48: @brianjoesmith YES! WHEN THERE IS TRAP!
- 17:23:29: I could spend like two hours every day just scrolling through what's available on Netflix Instant.
- 17:36:29: Rewatching Fay Grim for the first time since I saw Henry Fool. This is such a great movie. (cc @JamesUrbaniak)
- 23:39:04: Love love loved Ocean's 13 Samurai.
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
|Friday, May 6th, 2011|
|From Twitter 05-05-2011
- 09:56:18: RT @teendad13: boycot @mtn_dew until they are willing to talk about the terms of my sponsorship. i kno its hard but we must #teendad4dew
- 09:57:04: Forget police brutality, misogynist congress members, and football rapists. #teendad4dew is the issue of our time.
- 10:06:43: I think #HappyEndings is actually one of the best sitcoms at weaving its emotional material throughout the episode.
- 10:25:44: @improperlybusy come in the back, jack. stick to the plan, stan.
- 10:47:07: Just had an excellent thought: peanut milk. Like almond milk. But made with peanuts. Get on it, George Washington Carver.
- 11:22:52: Marlene Dietrich, on Raylan Givens: "He's a good detective, but a lousy cop. He loved him, the one played by Walton Goggins."
- 11:42:00: @gastergack "I've forgotten all about them. Were there socialists? I guess there must have been."
- 11:57:17: @gastergack I'd like to see you with your pants off, Mr. Reed.
- 12:02:13: @gastergack holyshitthisisthebestmovie
- 12:05:54: @gastergack that is the single most profound thing i can think of. you're so right.
- 12:08:19: @gastergack My god, you can't interpret Freud in an economic context.
- 12:09:58: @gastergack George Plympton!
- 12:14:28: @gastergack Incidentally, is Jack Reed of Portland somehow related to Reed College? #bemywikipedia
- 12:44:30: @knitaround don't tell me - tell whole foods to carry the stuff!
- 13:08:33: This is great: http://bit.ly/k39f5g (for all fans of Magnitude) (via @danharmon)
- 13:09:10: @JohnHollahan thinking seriously of just deleting the ones i don't like, starting with Love is Like Jazz
- 13:13:42: @JohnHollahan i like this idea.
- 13:21:36: RT @teendad13: happy cinco de mayo mexicans. sorry AZ hates u every other day
- 14:17:41: RT @Lov2500: I haven't been this excited for a Thursday night line-up in a while #television
- 14:18:01: I get excited for every Thursday night on NBC like it's a holiday.
- 14:25:39: @weinmanj We destroy our old gods. See also: Joey
- 14:27:35: @weinmanj He was dead for two nights, though, not the traditional three.
- 14:36:49: @BeckyNftP http://jezebel.com/5798802/boys-are-more-confident-but-girls-are-lagging-behind you probably read this right?
- 14:41:51: @gastergack time for you to follow @preschoolgems
- 14:51:21: RT @pattonoswalt: Would love it if Tyler Perry re-made High Noont.
- 15:10:26: @hayhayhaay ron swanson bringing his own to a party was the most relatable i've ever seen him.
- 16:05:51: .@gastergack is tweeting best songs off 69 Love Songs, in quality order. #follow
- 18:37:59: @brianjoesmith oh man that is like my favorite movie! it is so good! i don't know if i can convince you it changes, but it's worth watching
- 18:42:04: @brianjoesmith LOVE it. I'd consider it a must-see, for real! It also taught me how to love Gogol Bordello.
- 18:49:02: In RE: Convo with @brianjoesmith: If you guys haven't seen Wristcutters: A Love Story, I cannot recommend this film higher.
- 19:36:44: RT @pattonoswalt: I doubt that waterboarding helped capture Bin Laden, but I'll bet it created dozens more.
- 19:37:05: @eekawolf grow up and join the 21st century. BOOM
- 19:43:28: @eekawolf IRL @hayhayhaay is correct. Don't feel you need to read everything. It's a stream.
- 21:15:15: @eekawolf cosign @hayhayhaay. I check twitter constantly. I look like stock footage of America's obesity epidemic.
- 21:57:47: We all have a lot to learn from Leslie Knope. She is my role model, and yours too.
- 23:45:35: @gastergack finished Reds. More than a movie, it feels like a gift you gave me. I don't know how to thank you, I feel unequipped.
- 23:48:33: Look, maybe you've already seen "Reds." I hadn't, until @gastergack recommended it to me. And it is now my favorite movie probably.
- 23:54:52: Tonight: Going to reconnect with Paul Simon's "Hearts and Bones." Train in the Distance, title track, Song About the Moon, etc.
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
|Thursday, May 5th, 2011|
|From Twitter 05-04-2011
- 00:01:56: Whoops Soapdish way to be extremely transphobic. And you were doing so well! One and a half hours with no transphobia! Then at 1:31...
- 00:02:48: See, this is what I was talking about when I was asking you guys to give me advice about Soapdish."It's a really fun movie, but transphobic"
- 00:58:55: http://bit.ly/jwRekm Watch a woman who's been teaching Chicano Studies for 40 years be forcibly removed by cops. #ethnicstudies
- 01:26:13: Martha Plimpton back on this week's The Good Wife! Everything makes sense in the world. #otherthanpolicebrutality #andrape
- 08:14:23: RT @MattAlbie60: I understand all of Studio 60 is currently on Netflix instant. Treat yourself and watch season 9. Great cast that year
- 08:24:09: @mountain_goats pls RT? Tell Tucson PD that using violence against protestors http://bit.ly/lhqKcH is unacceptable: http://1.usa.gov/mLaiQy
- 08:24:48: From last night: Tell Tucson PD that using violence against protestors http://bit.ly/lhqKcH is unacceptable: http://1.usa.gov/mLaiQy
- 08:26:09: This is what Tucson PD did to people protesting the defunding of the #EthnicStudies program: http://twitpic.com/4t3soz
- 08:26:30: @weinmanj I wish there was a similar popularity among young men of Albert Finney.
- 10:13:48: Isn't it time Betty White and Carol Burnett starred in a remake of The Sunshine Boys? #seriousidea
- 10:15:59: Imagine Burnett shouting "ENTER!" It's perfect, right? #thesunshinegirls
- 10:18:26: @LoMel No, the answer to this is let's you and me train with pull-ups and become Navy SEALs.
- 10:20:31: The premise: Burnett & White used to star on a sketch show. Now they're being asked to cohost SNL. #thesunshinegirls #makethismovie
- 10:29:23: @dearcohen being annoyed at David Denby is the white man's burden.
- 10:34:16: @improperlybusy asshole movie critic for the new yorker. well, one of their two asshole movie critics.
- 10:51:02: @dearcohen "One must live one's life consistently. Hence, the blitzkrieg." A terrible German Kantian idea. I agree with him.
- 11:10:45: "Shadows and Fog? What's that?" "That's the Woody Allen movie with Madonna in it." "..."
- 11:19:40: "The one where Lily Tomlin, Jodie Foster, and Kathy Bates play prostitutes?"
- 11:30:55: @alicewalkington http://bit.ly/kbN9RK that thing i mentioned yesterday
- 11:39:37: http://bit.ly/mTk1EK Rider Strong is friends with MC Gainey!
- 11:43:20: @DiscoUnited Atlas Shrugged Pt 2 http://bit.ly/kggAx8
- 11:52:41: @weinmanj Yeah, I hadn't heard of it before this article. The idea of a Blake Edwards sitcom sounds worth seeing at least.
- 12:51:38: @AndyMackinaw60 plus kimmel already did it. Ps get Darius on twitter!
- 14:51:30: @brianjoesmith anything by Ahmad Jamal or Django Reinhardt
- 14:58:44: It's my mom's birthday today!
- 15:25:03: Um, I guess I didn't realize that people wanted to bin Laden death photos released because they thought it would be awesome. Yikes.
- 15:28:42: RT @mary_menville: Dem women should pull a lysistrata, only with money, and at the dem party until THEY STOP FUCKING RUINING EVERYTHING.
- 15:29:09: Non-misogynist men should also join this effort. #mypreviousretweet #sixteendemocratsvotedforhr3
- 16:49:15: RT @onthepage: Tip #205: Trust me: story resolution is enough. No need for "six months later" ending in which we show wedding or pregn ...
- 16:53:37: I can't be alone in finding William Goldman screenplays almost unreadable. Format and stuff has changed so much since then, I guess.
- 17:10:56: I did NOT expect the Sex and Candy music video to look like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KT-r2vHeMM Is this real life?
- 17:14:58: @bro_chi_minh yeah, i just had never seen it. i watched pop-up video occasionally but never saw that one. P-UV, though: best show ever?
- 17:19:17: @bro_chi_minh and it must have ben the cheapest show to produce ever!
- 17:23:19: @mary_menville hott
- 17:27:27: @JohnHollahan hey, congratulations!
- 17:31:58: @JohnHollahan yeah, kind of. feel free to take a couple of weeks off, though.
- 17:40:06: @filmforager I'm excited. Let me send a letter forward in time to find out if @mary_menville is too. I'll let you know when I die.
- 18:07:49: @filmforager only for the american one (i have not seen either, i don't know anything of this)
- 18:08:03: RT @spillman: Quick before it goes away (?) http://t.co/xtCPvMl
- 18:41:17: RT @ClinicEscort: I'll keep saying it til I'm blue in the face: DO NOT GIVE TO @DCCC. They'll send yr $ to loons like Shuler. Donate to ...
- 18:41:21: RT @ClinicEscort: AND 16 DEMS. DCCC must think we're stupid. RT @dccc House Repubs Vote to Restrict Women's Health Care & Repro Freedoms ...
- 19:05:25: @becs1024 http://bit.ly/jr7pMi i'm guessing you've seen this, but in case you haven't?
- 19:05:38: RT @gnubardt: @weatherchannel my shoes were wet all day! i understand it needs to rain sometimes but can you please make it sunny on fri ...
- 19:10:29: @julie_bush you can simplify it with an "OFF HER CONFUSED LOOK:" to indicate that she's not ready for what he's gonna explain
- 19:44:07: @weinmanj @julie_bush I think male writers feel like a female character is a burden, so why not combine her with exposition-feeders?
- 19:44:20: @weinmanj @julie_bush not all, of course, but a frustrating amount.
- 20:43:33: You guys know @julie_bush is tweeting lessons for getting past your 1st instinct when writing female characters, right? #follow
- 21:39:52: Ok I guess I kind of get the appeal of Maru. http://bit.ly/jGkdr8 (via @thedailyrobot)
- 22:01:46: @becs1024 @theotherwillis if that's true how come i never see him around i mean i'm outdoors pretty often
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
|Wednesday, May 4th, 2011|
|From Twitter 05-03-2011
- 07:24:02: I really don't care that the widely-circulating MLK quote is fake. I don't need every wise thing to be attributed to someone I know is wise.
- 08:58:46: @alicewalkington http://bit.ly/kQ7hNC
- 09:14:29: @gastergack turn down @JohnHollahan's offer. I have it on good authority that it takes thousands of pictures to make a movie.
- 09:17:39: There's this hilarious kid in this Starbucks just cussin up a storm. He's angry but he just looks and sounds so silly.
- 09:18:26: "She's, like, fuckin, talkin shit about me." I'm sure she is, you cutie. Being a teenager with a limited vocabulary is hard!
- 10:25:46: All it took for History Channel to get better ratings was to abandon their brand entirely! http://bit.ly/iFAySK
- 10:48:27: @JohnHollahan To call @tomhanks' "Hanx" signoff a "waste" shows how much you have yet to learn.
- 10:50:14: @JohnHollahan to you and i, brevity in a tweet is sacrosanct. we can't imagine how important a friendly sign-off is from a celebrity.
- 11:14:38: THIS IS THE BIGGEST SURPRISE I HAVE EVER READ http://bit.ly/ifOMUe (via @mary_menville)
- 11:25:42: You guys if I turn forty and start claiming that Americans are stupider than they used to be please put me out to pasture because come on.
- 11:55:49: @dearcohen that was only Dick Cavett and only sometimes and neither of us watches enough late night to say it's not still going on.
- 11:58:27: @dearcohen John @Hodgman?
- 12:00:24: @JohnHollahan #thingsidlovetosee
- 12:10:40: I also vouch for @ShaunDGrey. RT @josh_a_g: If anyone in DC wants a cool roommate, tweet @ShaunDGrey!
- 12:26:56: In-N-Out accidentally gave me TWO milkshakes instead of one! Hahaha suckers! Livin tha lyfe 4eva!!!
- 12:46:29: It's a double-double MILKSHAKE kind of day. #myprevioustweet #innout #notjustakevinklinemovie
- 13:34:42: @dearcohen Jonathan Safran Foer?
- 13:51:42: @dearcohen Franzen's not enough of a public personality. Maybe Dave Eggers?
- 13:55:21: @dearcohen haha dude it's ok to like pretentious writers. If this game is "name authors you hate" I think we're playing different ones.
- 13:59:03: @dearcohen DO YOU TRULY NOT FIND DAVE EGGERS PRETENTIOUS.
- 14:00:50: In my mind, "pretentious" is a synonym for "high-falootin'." #notquiteamanofletters
- 14:11:07: @dearcohen I think your McCarthy/Mailer comparison is apt.
- 14:24:03: @rachelclind whoops
- 16:25:40: Is there a tumblr that's just gifs from NBC's Thursday night sitcom lineup? Because I need to know.
- 16:28:05: I will also accept screencaps. #myprevioustweet #closedcaptionedisbest
- 17:08:47: One review of Four Lions on Netflix reads: "When I think of dark humor in the British tradition, I think of (cont) http://tl.gd/a8872c
- 17:52:07: RT @wbrasington: You know what, Shakespeare? If I could just make up words whenever the fuck I wanted, I'd be the world's greatest write ...
- 17:55:18: Probably gonna watch Soapdish today. Anyone wanna talk me out of it or into it? Need a push one way or the other.
- 21:34:31: @beardlace RT what @mary_menville said. both that you should stay safe and strong and FUCK THAT
- 21:37:29: RT @thedailyrobot: PLEASE ENJOY this PICTURE OF ME FROM HIGH SCHOOL, which has apparently been online since 05, but is news 2 me http:// ...
- 21:44:52: RT @mary_menville: Just had word from a friend on site that the police are roughing up the students protesting the closure of ethnic stu ...
- 21:45:21: I'd add: roughing up feels like an understatement. #mypreviousretweet
- 21:54:39: RT @mary_menville: #tucscon local news claims the protests turned "uncivil" I'd say things got "uncivil" when the police pulled hair and ...
- 22:16:10: RT @mary_menville: TPD complaint forms. Fill one out saying that violence against nonviolent protesters is unacceptable http://tinyurl. ...
- 22:17:47: @JohnHollahan "People in every nation other than my own were raied wrong." -- @JohnHollahan
- 22:24:24: @JohnHollahan "I spelled raied wrong." -- @MuffMacGuff
- 22:26:26: @JohnHollahan Listen, all nationalism is strange. You, at least, make a fun case.
- 22:30:05: The Tucson Police did this. RT @beardlace: Matts leg http://t.co/yZMZ2DF
- 22:34:21: Someone pls help with this. Tweet @ me if you have any info. RT @beardlace: Who's familiar with filing assault charges on the police?
- 22:36:40: MT @beardlace: The police thrashed one protester's head around violentlly. Her speech disorganized as if concussed.
- 22:38:47: MT @beardlace: Police used cars to push people away on weakest link in human chain around building.
- 22:40:44: MT @beardlace: This is after treatment http://t.co/IiFY92b (Tucson PD dragged this woman around) #ethnicstudies
- 23:06:15: RT @beardlace: Protestor: "You have the batons, tasers, and weapons." Officer: "well you have bullhorns!"
- 23:11:47: RT @knitaround: Sometimes I just despair: Cheerleader who wouldn't root for assailant loses http://t.co/qd8MGz8 via @sfgate
- 23:12:34: You guys know about that court case, right? About the rapist football player who's still on the team? #mypreviousretweet
- 23:14:44: ...and the rape victim cheerleader who's been kicked off the squad for not CHEERING FOR HER RAPIST? #myprevioustweet
- 23:16:12: RT @RevGrounds: Helicopter overhead drowning out the speakers. Seems like overkill. That is what we need the money for that is being spe ...
- 23:20:12: Kevin Kline should replace Michael Scott on The Office #tweetsunrelatedtoviolence
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
|Tuesday, May 3rd, 2011|
|From Twitter 05-02-2011
- 00:21:21: RT @gastergack: 'You go to sleep not with the America you want, but with the America you have.'
- 08:00:32: RT @MoMacProject: Yom Hashoah. Broken world yesterday, broken world today, broken world 70 years ago. But tomorrow? Tomorrow Moshiach co ...
- 08:30:51: @improperlybusy I am very much with you on this. That's how global justice is supposed to work (trial, I mean, not unfair trial).
- 08:45:48: @weinmanj in our defense, it feels like you guys have an election every couple of months or so. libs are in charge! now conservatives!
- 09:32:09: At what point does Obama step aside for John Goodman to become president and tell us why we were justified in killing bin Laden?
- 09:36:36: @davidmeirrobot "He was a walking terrorist training camp, Dude."
- 10:45:15: @hayhayhaay I was thinking the same thing! It's like, what have my parents accomplished that's made the news?
- 12:30:05: @gastergack Gonzales has yet to be discredited. :(
- 12:40:27: @gastergack "The attorney general loves the color red. He is famous for a memo suggesting that our streets 'should run red with blood...'"
- 12:44:32: @gastergack we should get @thedailyrobot to mock those up for us
- 12:50:35: @gastergack obama's love of entourage
- 12:56:31: The second season premiere of Slings & Arrows does an excellent job of wrapping up season one's story while starting a new one. #greatTV
- 13:12:52: RT @dasracist: GREAT DAY TO GO OUTSIDE AND MAKE SURE PEOPLE THAT LOOK LIKE MY MOM AND DAD ARENT GETTING BEATEN UP...
- 14:11:04: @teendad13 yeah @thedailyrobot is right - u bring extra shit u gotta find a place to put it while you're on the dance floor - rookie mistake
- 14:13:20: @sarah_haskins wait, what's a thene whip?
- 14:52:03: @JohnHollahan I heard Truman parted one way his whole life, then switched when he became president. #actuallyheardthatsomewhere
- 15:00:55: RT @filmforager: I swear I not all Tufts people are this dumb. Many are. Not me, though. RT @comicnrrd http://lizprincepower.com/comics/ ...
- 15:02:08: @JohnHollahan the S stood for "Ska"
- 15:06:38: @gastergack http://www.businessinsider.com/best-ways-to-get-around-the-new-york-times-paywall-2011-3#
- 16:01:06: @bro_chi_minh my advice is don't get married in a beard unless you plan to have one forever. you'll feel weird.
- 16:04:32: @NekoCase you know they used your song on The Killing this week? of course you did. anyway it was great.
- 21:25:41: @spillman I was wondering what happened to your online presence!
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
|Monday, May 2nd, 2011|
|From Twitter 05-01-2011
- 00:01:25: @sammylif i, uh, have three tumblrs
- 00:05:50: @sammylif yeah, there's a lot of cool stuff there
- 00:20:23: @JohnHollahan He's not really known for his contralto vocals.
- 00:48:51: I bet it's really tough to be a cop who sincerely wants to purchase drugs for personal use. Anyway good night.
- 11:51:04: @thedailyrobot I watched last week's episode of The Killing on my laptop waiting for Meek's Cutoff to start. Of course, I was also alone.
- 11:56:15: My favorite internet comment of the day. Found on The Hollywood Reporter's article about Donald Trump's reaction (cont) http://tl.gd/a6s6gg
- 11:56:50: (Made by Anonymous, of course) #myprevioustweet #pleasedonttakeyourgoldandsilverwithyou
- 12:37:12: Some day soon, every abusive relationship will be an MTV reality show. #teenmom #jerseyshore #everythingisterrible
- 14:24:47: RT @mary_menville: http://tinyurl.com/4234xgl 5 myths you probably believe about a vegan/veggie diet. Please read this before arguing w ...
- 14:47:46: @mindykaling Isn't it time we remade How Do You Know?
- 14:48:13: @weinmanj There's also Kathy Griffin on SVU - her life is in danger, who's been killing people around her?
- 15:14:53: @hodgman you wouldn't be a bad Wimpy, come to think of it.
- 16:10:44: Hey, joke-tellers & writers everywhere? I don't know if you think the term "tranny hooker" sounds funny, but I assure you: Go fuck yourself.
- 16:23:30: @gnubardt ha, i actually haven't started watching that yet. i was instead let down by every comedy i've ever watched.
- 17:04:52: @gastergack Okay I have invited you to play a game of chess. Don't fuck it up this time.
- 17:05:13: @gastergack PS Playing chess listening to music and writing. #harrystyle
- 18:58:41: @MoMacProject just asked me "I gotta blog everything I do now?" Um, I had no idea there was a question to that. Blog EVERYTHING.
- 19:04:41: @dearcohen just asked why I keep telling her "Do it auld maid!" Thanks to Netflix Instant, she's about to find out.
- 19:27:37: RT @tvoti: "My fellow Americans, I was surprised to find that Fast Five was the best of the series." #possibleobamatopics
- 19:40:45: If bin Laden is actually dead, as some on twitter speculate, I am thrilled to learn that terrorism is over forever. Mission accomplished.
- 19:42:39: Make that 100,001, with bin Laden dead! http://bit.ly/iEO4sb
- 19:43:12: @bro_chi_minh If, in the last years of WWII, Hitler was slowly dying and had almost no influence, this would be identical news.
- 19:44:43: RT @hodgman: Will the Osama Bin Laden reward cover the deficit?
- 19:45:21: My hope is that we were waiting until bin Laden died before we begin prosecuting every member of the Bush administration, for some reason.
- 19:46:10: In this example, bin Laden is Carmella Corleone and Bush is Fredo. #badexamples #myprevioustweet
- 19:47:04: @gastergack I'd like to say our childhood ended as soon as our contemporaries were old enough to be murdered by our own gvt overseas.
- 19:57:00: Wait, are people excited bin Laden's dead? Did we forget that "revenge" and "justice" are not synonyms? This won't improve the world any.
- 19:58:27: "A dead body makes me feel better! That's how international law is meant to operate!"
- 20:04:15: @julie_bush We'll have to wait for the Seymour Hersch piece to find out.
- 20:05:13: @weinmanj if he was a real fan of The Wire, Obama would make his speech on HBO and end with "Please stay tuned for..."
- 20:06:20: @madjoy what actual impact will that have on global terrorism? And why couldn't we try him?
- 20:06:57: @madjoy we know how sick he was. Were we really unable to capture him alive?
- 20:08:11: @madjoy I don't know why I'd trust the military to not kill him if they could
- 20:13:23: @madjoy maybe so. But, at the risk of being too Jewish about it, no deaths are cause for celebration. People are reacting with bloodlust.
- 20:17:21: @madjoy obviously a trial's not an option now. I just find it unlikely that it never was.
- 20:19:51: @madjoy thank you too. It's nice to occasionally disagree with someone smart and thoughtful.
- 20:39:15: It seems like only four presidents ago we were giving bin Laden weapons. Now he's dead. #theygrowupsofast #whatwouldreagansay
- 21:32:50: RT @SuzyKhimm: RT @kasie: SAO on raid: "One woman was killed when she was used as a shield by a male combatant."
- 21:32:58: RT @dangerroom: 3 adult males + OBL killed. (couriers + bin laden’s adult son)
- 22:18:09: This brand of patriotism is what makes it so easy to convince us to go to war. #kill
- 22:31:34: RT @thedailyrobot: @MuffMacGuff http://bit.ly/k8Iy65
- 22:40:03: RT @MrsRupertPupkin: I wonder if Osama's friends will leave his Facebook up. Creepy but kinda sweet ;)
- 22:40:42: At least, maybe tonight's events will put an end to my old friend Vinny claiming that every cab driver he had was bin Laden. I hated that.
- 22:43:39: @beardlace Fuck, you're right. Well, he and I live 3,000 mi from one another, so we may never again share a cab.
- 22:43:54: @beardlace Also: get on gchat or something. I want to talk peace with someone.
- 23:03:55: If you, like me, need to be reminded that hippies still exist:
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
|Sunday, May 1st, 2011|
|From Twitter 04-30-2011
- 13:48:58: Also, as many pointed out to me last night, every single anime series is a more-popular dubbed TV show than Iron Chef.
- 13:49:06: MXC is still better though.
- 14:51:45: I keep forgetting that in addition to having made the movies he's made, Tarantino plans to continue making movies.
- 14:52:07: With the announcement of his next, I was like "Why would Tarantino direct a movie? OH RIGHT HE IS A VERY FAMOUS DIRECTOR."
- 14:58:38: @gastergack That's how he's describing this one actually: http://bit.ly/lQGyJY
- 15:01:39: @gastergack Okay, get off my back, I'll read it soon.
- 15:38:57: RT @GarryShandling: The US budget has broken a major, yet simple financial rule that my parents taught me: Don't invade more than you ca ...
- 15:48:07: Lili Taylor and Michael Imperioli were once engaged?! #newflash
- 16:19:47: Just considered introducing two friends because they both like "Star Wars." Then I realized: Everyone, meet everyone.
- 20:12:51: My main hobby is identifying movie theaters in LA characters in movies go to.
- 20:45:59: @sammylif It's a wonderful movie! Highly recommend.
- 21:13:56: If you want a sitcom version of season four of The Wire, its name is Summer Heights High. #summerheightswighre
- 21:32:55: @JohnHollahan Only seen the latter (embarrassed to say). It's worth seeing. I should see AAE some time.
- 21:53:15: @JohnHollahan haha. Never seen The Red Shoes either. Highly, HIGHLY recommend Rosemary's Baby though. Currently watching Badlands FYI.
- 21:53:39: @JohnHollahan (My first Malick - I'm gonna do them in order)
- 21:59:53: @JohnHollahan Well that's #2 on the list.
- 22:01:06: @gastergack Are we cross-nationally watching Badlands?
- 22:03:34: @gastergack The V.O. is the original liveblogging.
- 22:05:11: @JohnHollahan @gastergack Brad Pitt as @Biz
- 22:05:56: @gastergack Touche. Consider me well-satirized.
- 22:11:31: @gastergack @JohnHollahan A literal tree narrates.
- 22:12:05: @gastergack @JohnHollahan (A tree with no sense of irony)
- 22:12:40: @gastergack @JohnHollahan I actually met someone (no joke) who said she'd worked in editorial on ToL "for the middle years" of the process.
- 22:18:04: @JohnHollahan @gastergack Indeed. The original cut was seven hours long and a thinly-veiled remake of On The Waterfront [joke].
- 22:18:31: @gastergack @JohnHollahan The book's always better than the movie.
- 22:22:59: @gastergack @JohnHollahan Martin Sheen in a denim jacket & jeans w/ no shirt.
- 22:25:55: @JohnHollahan @gastergack "What do you wear the hat and gloves for?" "Well, you never know."
- 22:28:38: @gastergack I'd like to nominate "Getting arrested at antiwar protests" Martin Sheen
- 22:31:24: @JohnHollahan @gastergack That's a Sheen the jury'll be out on until history makes its call.
- 22:33:07: @gastergack @JohnHollahan ugh I think Wahlberg's the only one who comes out of that movie looking good.
- 23:35:28: Just finished watching Badlands for the first time ever. You guys know this is a really good movie? Someone should talk about this director.
- 23:36:23: Based on my watching "All That Jazz" and "Arthur," Netflix figures I'd like "Restrepo." I feel like it's mad at me for not being serious.
- 23:36:45: "You need to see more of the REAL WORLD, @MuffMacGuff." - Netflix
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
|Saturday, April 30th, 2011|
|Friday, April 29th, 2011|
|From Twitter 04-28-2011
- 10:03:21: RT @nancyfranklin Emily Litella: "What's all this I hear about Will and Grace getting married?"
- 10:45:37: "It's not sexist if it's racist." Happy Endings is a funny show, in case you didn't know.
- 11:15:18: @LoMel ROCK ON killin it
- 11:16:03: @LoMel "I hope you enjoyed my presentation." "Ms. @LoMel, just one more question - are people cars?"
- 11:17:11: At some point in his career, every black male actor will play a death row inmate being defended by the white protagonist lawyer(s).
- 11:17:25: @ellisbahl hey man cool to see you here - how are you?
- 11:37:56: RT @dearcohen: I sent @MuffMacGuff perplexing Game of Thrones fan art (http://bit.ly/jTfGYf), and he immediately sent me this: http://tw ...
- 11:51:48: Apparently the 2 1/2 Men reboot will include Jon Cryer and a yet-to-be-named costar. Like, this is what literally everyone expected.
- 11:53:57: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/chuck-lorre-hatches-two-a-183300 #myprevioustweet
- 11:59:00: @ellisbahl living and between jobs in LA. where are you working?
- 12:07:31: Dallas Roberts: great name, better actor
- 12:10:18: @Lov2500 i WISH. But no. The L Word, Rubicon, The Good Wife. http://tinyurl.com/3oj95ex
- 12:39:35: I care about the next Harry Potter movie very little, but you care about that fact even less.
- 13:04:02: @davidmeirrobot The Illers. #bandnamesminusaletter
- 13:18:01: @improperlybusy no, you're absolutely right. I want to participate in that. I just don't want to see stuff about HP on tumblr.
- 15:21:05: RT @MotherJones: Only 22% of Californians with insurance have maternity services covered. In 2004, 82% did. http://mojo.ly/jAkp1c
- 15:45:02: RT @mountain_goats: Score! I'm replacing CS on 2.5 men. Full script approval. Changing most of dialogue to be about whether wizards are ...
- 15:45:32: @mountain_goats I thought you said you were CHANGING the dialogue. Or have I misunderstood the show to date?
- 15:52:41: RT @steveagee: I'd boycott watching Trump's "Apprentice" but I already don't watch it because it sucks and he's an obnoxious piece of shit.
- 17:55:41: RT @rossluippold: Not only did @TheOnion steal a joke from @BillMaher, they sneakily wrote it 6 months earlier! http://bit.ly/lAMwFZ htt ...
- 17:56:05: @ShaunDGrey that's how i met my first three wives.
- 18:05:16: RT @weinmanj: When THE OFFICE changes its main title next week to remove Carell, I kinda hope they put a few other actors into the credits.
- 18:05:44: @NoelMu really liked your Very Special Episode this week! (i like it every week, but this was also especially engaging)
- 18:06:24: @weinmanj as far as particular writers' episodes go, the only trend i've noticed is that @mindykaling focuses hard on michael and dwight
- 18:13:40: RT @anthonyjeselnik: I would love to DJ the royal wedding. Just so I could play "Candle in the Wind" non-stop.
- 19:47:45: @improperlybusy I don't think you're entirely wrong, but I'm not positive the movie's taking this stand. (cont'd)
- 19:48:23: @improperlybusy (cont'd) To a degree I think the movie's showing how kids can fuck things up in the throes of passion.
- 20:17:45: @thedailyrobot apparently when we were in boston we had a "thing" according to @alicewalkington. Were you aware of our "thing?"
- 20:33:02: Instead of a rerun of The Office, they should have put together a clip show of Michael Scott's best moment. #notjoking #idwatchit
- 20:33:19: Also, the thing I just described is definitely on youtube, so I guess I could just watch it there.
- 21:06:03: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0uUpg43_rs
- 23:05:37: I love how casually The Good Wife throws around the term "guest starring." Just admit you guys have a regular cast already.
- 23:37:36: RT @julie_bush: Reps do writers a disservice when they say they didn't get a job b/c it had to go to diversity. Often untrue excuse that ...
- 23:38:07: @julie_bush that's true everywhere! men & white people love blaming diversity on not getting hired, not getting into college, etc
- 23:38:29: @julie_bush like, look at some statistics and then tell me you were at a disadvantage
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
|Thursday, April 28th, 2011|
|From Twitter 04-27-2011
- 00:22:35: Clarke Peters will NOT keep the same facial hair from one season to the next of any TV show, thank you very much. #clarkepetersrules
- 00:22:50: #intentionallyambiguouslanguageinhashtags #myprevioustweet
- 00:26:58: @JohnHollahan It actually took me a while to notice his full beard in S5 of The Wire, but when I did, HOO BOY!
- 00:27:23: @JohnHollahan I mean, he looks great with anything on his face, but most people tend to stick with one thing, in my experience.
- 00:29:59: @JohnHollahan suited to hirsute heroism.
- 00:32:52: @JohnHollahan too bad he's not on twitter
- 08:59:46: @weinmanj ...from The Judean People's Front?
- 09:18:28: RT @zacharylittle: This is going to go on forever unless Obama suddenly turns white.
- 10:27:08: RT @weinmanj: Andrew Sullivan today provided another reason why I don't usually read Andrew Sullivan: http://bit.ly/dKcFvA
- 10:33:58: BOOM completely recognized Kelly Bishop's uncredited voice on an episode of The Good Wife.
- 10:36:49: @thedailyrobot and I just agreed that we don't need to make an entire documentary today. Whew.
- 13:26:57: Car being an asshole, so I'm having an ice cream sandwich. #causality
- 13:31:14: RT @JennyJohnsonHi5: "Yo Abe, don't jizz in my hair. Thanks, boo." - Mary Todd Lincoln
- 13:51:24: @neon_creole #ff for all your big butt news needs
- 14:06:41: RT @AlyssaRosenberg: How @Slate got the pro-government politics of @parksandrecnbc so wrong: http://bit.ly/ii2Xz6
- 14:12:07: @jextdo you may like my friend @gastergack's blog: http://bookstyle.tumblr.com/ he is a shelver in the kids' section of the library
- 14:18:06: RT @gastergack: http://bookstyle.tumblr.com/ Bloagstyle
- 14:23:08: My friend in law school tells me he was the only student in his class who felt the National Guard acted "excessively" at Kent State.
- 14:23:23: #thingsfuturelawyersbelieve
- 14:45:02: @alicewalkington http://bit.ly/lLfDXW this is what i was referring to in that text message.
- 16:46:11: Based on how much the ads for Pirates of the Caribbean 4 focus on Penelope Cruz's boobs, you'd think Pedro Almodovar was directing.
- 18:03:37: "If you don't stop this sort of thing you'll make yourself sick." - Robert Benchley to Dorothy Parker after her second suicide attempt.
- 19:22:12: They got horchata on tap at this 7-11 I'm near! Double Gulp, be mine. #onlyhorchata
- 19:52:00: @knitaround I really thought this was an issue we'd resolved, as a society. PS Nixon was never tried so maybe he's not a crook too.
- 20:19:29: Have you met my friend the terror poet? RT @gastergack:
Cus sleep is the cousin of death
- 20:22:30: @gastergack don't tell anyone I know your password you'll endanger both our lives goddamn it
- 23:23:25: Just claimed that characters in a movie spend the whole movie beating up characters from The Wire to discourage someone from watching it.
- 23:58:42: "is anybody else wet after this? i know i am" is the top-rated comment on this video: http://bit.ly/igwJdN COMPLETELY SAFE FOR WORK
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
|Wednesday, April 27th, 2011|
|From Twitter 04-26-2011
- 09:18:35: Some people say little girls should be seen and not heard. But I say... http://bit.ly/elbI7U
- 09:21:26: @neon_creole 1234!
- 10:17:26: @josh_a_g i love how UGLY the sax is on Oh Bondage. Punk saxophone ftw.
- 10:23:24: Is David Morse history's most low-key actor? He always seems sort of quietly sympathetic and depressed.
- 10:31:19: @becs1024 every day here
- 12:00:37: RT @Imaliwaller: No, NPR News, I'M Michele Norris.
- 12:03:45: @JaneEspenson Deep-cleaned my bathroom! Loooong overdue. Thanks for motivation!
- 15:45:05: Obviously Obama was born in the United States, but it would be nice if we could also agree that it doesn't matter.
- 15:45:27: It is xenophobic to assume that someone not born in the US is unfit to govern in the US and racist to assume that applies to Obama.
- 19:29:19: RT @KenTremendous: I like that it's "left-wing," or any "wing," to state facts. Its not. It's just fact-stating. This brand of stupidity ...
- 19:46:07: @thedailyrobot whoa wtf i want that
- 20:48:18: .@alicewalkington just described "Family Matters" as "That 80's cop show." That is an unreasonable thing to ask me to guess.
- 20:49:49: Miami Vice? Hill Street Blues? #myprevioustweet
- 20:51:54: Now @alicewalkington is trying to argue that Carl was the protagonist of Family Matters. Come on, @alicewalkington. Wishful thinking much?
- 20:52:21: @weinmanj Carl Winslow/Steve Urkel solving mysteries together is actually pretty much Bones.
- 20:55:23: @filmforager finally working on that thing we discussed. remind me to have some stuff to send to you by next tuesday
- 20:56:18: @weinmanj The parallels are uncanny though, if we substitute Booth's younger brother for Laura.
- 20:57:21: @filmforager dude no rush i am the one who is dragging over here. if you want to mess around with Main Character Design that's perfect
- 20:57:49: @filmforager and good luck on the GREs! I'm sure you're gonna kill it!
- 21:27:38: @mindykaling Arrested Development always works for me. Also The Princess Bride.
- 21:35:12: @sixteeninjuly get drunkr
- 21:43:41: @sixteeninjuly fuuuuuck that. listen let's get smashed together.
- 21:47:18: @sixteeninjuly seriously. come back to la, okay?
- 23:33:03: @alicewalkington Guess who just showed up on this show! http://imdb.to/hmp5eq
- 23:41:16: Alan Cumming on The Good Wife is the new Toby Ziegler in terms of TV characters I want to grow up to be.
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
|Tuesday, April 26th, 2011|
|From Twitter 04-25-2011
- 07:25:22: @Lov2500 you actually coming? because you should.
- 08:03:11: RT @jfruh_itworld: Dear Web designers: There is no circumstance under which users want video or audio to play automatically when a page ...
- 09:29:04: @thedailyrobot damn that shizz is tite make sure you cc @mary_menville, who is caught up on that shizz
- 10:09:36: People who learned filmmaking from Roger Corman:People who learned filmmaking from Lloyd Kaufman:: (cont'd.)
- 10:10:20: ... ::People who know how to make films:People who do not. #myprevioustweet
- 11:44:25: @josh_a_g you know, I don't disagree
- 13:33:15: @josh_a_g be my agent - ask him on my behalf
- 14:00:36: We've only been seeing each other for five weeks but I already want to ask The Killing to marry me.
- 14:02:25: @LoMel wait to see if The Killing says yes. And we can't get married until I find out Who Killed Rosie Larson anyway.
- 15:40:19: @wjcf Try to see it from the printer's point of view.
- 15:43:22: I used to sign emails "Best, @MuffMacGuff." Now I omit the comma. I imagine "Best" as a new call for us all to be better.
- 16:38:45: @discounted Apparently the correct pronunciation of the first name of the star of Hanna is "Ser-sha." #themoreyouknow
- 16:47:12: @dearcohen Attack! RT @JohnHollahan: I'm oddly suspicious of Americans who are interested in European soccer.
- 16:52:03: @dearcohen actually, while I'm on the subject, please make @gastergack's acquaintance. Two well-read soccer&film fans should know oneanother
- 16:53:30: One more call to it: I'm gonna go see Easter Parade @newbeverly tonight at 7:30. Come with me! $7 cash. A better deal you'll never find!
- 17:37:57: You guys I should stop promoting links to things I've only read the first half of. Let me just say that #HappyEndings is a very funny show.
- 17:53:35: @weinmanj I would even go so far as to say it's Cougar Town for twentysomethings (I like them both a lot).
- 17:55:12: @alicewalkington http://bit.ly/igu2xh FYI
- 22:34:30: RT @tvoti: The fact that I cannot find the final scene of St. Elsewhere on YouTube is a TRAGEDY.
- 22:35:31: @theotherwillis I am short: The @theotherwillis Story
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com